- Trojan is a Java applet, compiled from a source
file named "nocheat.java"
- Trojan is only a threat on systems that are not
patched with the latest Java Virtual Machine (VM)
- If Java is enabled, and a system is vulnerable
to the specific JVM exploit, the applet could read
and write Internet Explorer configuration information
from the system registry
- The Trojan code could manipulate the values of
the Main Page, Start Page, Search Page or other custom
pages, and may add unsafe web sites into the "SafeSites"
settings in the registry location -
Trojan could manipulate the installed "hosts." file located in the path -
- Check the main screen using the web interface for your FortiGate unit to ensure that the latest AV/NIDS database has been downloaded and installed on your system - if required, enable the "Allow Push Update" option